Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hispanic Heritage in South Florida by Carolina Mendez


This photograph depicts the hispanic influence in the architecture of Florida. 

I continue in my search for iconic places, and places where I can find traces of our European ancestors. 

I photographed the Hispanic Monastery on a hot Sunday a little after noon. I arrived to the Monastery just in time to attend Mass. The sound of the music in the chapel chamber, the echo of my steps along the corridors of this structure reminded me of the beauty of this ancient architecture. The freshness of its stone invites to walk and to see the sunny gardens through the windows, between the pillars till reaching the open fields, full of grass and flowers under the shade of the tall trees. 

It merits another visit, perhaps at a later time of the day.

2014 Carolina Mendez 

No comments: